1.20.2009

My HOPE for our New President...


Electrical box....5 YEARS LATER! Doc Barack!!! from Peat Wollaeger on Vimeo.
At the end of 2003 I PAINTED THIS TRIBUTE FOR MY SON.
(It was my First Commissioned Stencil!!!!!)

I also worked a design gig...
mostly for good health care for my family.

5 YEARS LATER
(and many more commissions)

I almost do well enough financial to support my family,
but I STILL have my day gig with health benefits,
because it's too expensive to pay for on my own.

I know this is a massive concern and a similar situation for many Americans.

My "Hope" is that Barrack Obama will finally find a solution and create an affordable care system for all so I can finally free myself from working for "the Man" and focus more on creating art full-time.


This is a frame from a video. You can watch it on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful (art)work!

Your sentiments are echoed by anyone (not only artists) who is trapped by the medical coporatocracy. Imagine the unleashed entrepreneurship America could be experiencing - if we didn't need to rent ourselves to big business out of fear of medical expenses.